Customer Data Scientist
Hello and welcome to start your next journey with Sellforte! 👋
We are on a mission to help retailers & consumer brands accelerate their growth by making smarter data-driven marketing decisions. Sellforte is a Marketing Mix Modelling (MMM) SaaS for marketing teams to holistically evaluate and improve the effectiveness of marketing and promotional activities. We are not a company that only shows cool marketing metrics or fancy dashboards – we deliver real impact based on Bayesian methods and data science. For example, check out the video below how C&A's Analytics Director Gina de Ryck and Marketing Director Dr. Maik Kleinschmidt use Sellforte as an integral tool in their teams to improve marketing performance.
Serving modern data-driven marketing leaders like Gina and Maik, we have grown rapidly, and we have an ambitious plan to continue doing so. It is an exciting opportunity also due to the current tectonic shifts in the marketing industry, where new privacy norms are eradicating measurement by user-level attribution, and probabilistic and econometric solutions like Sellforte are expected to gain ground.
You will join a team of fifteen bad-ass data scientists, who are the spine for our whole business, and you’ll work closely with many experts from various fields (for example Customer Success Managers, Software Developers, Sales). In addition, you'll get the chance to work with big consumer brands and make a real impact in their marketing by offering insights based on the data and modelling.
🎯 What you will do as a Customer Data Scientist:
As a Customer Data Scientist, your ultimate goal is to support our enterprise customers, i.e. to ensure Sellforte service is running smoothly and that they get the impact from the service. To achieve these goals, you are working in a Customer Delivery team with Customer Success Managers and other Customer Data Scientists. Specifically, you will
- Do exploratory data analysis with customer data (using e.g. Python and pandas), solve customer-specific issues and business problems.
- Help onboard new customers to our marketing analytics service/platform: set up data flow from customer to Sellforte, configure the modelling, and communicate technical solutions to customers.
- Meet customers, e.g. in weekly/monthly meetings.
- Participate in product development: communicate new learnings and insights, as well as develop new features and automation directly to the product.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and data engineers to implement and train predictive machine learning models, such as time series forecasting Bayesian models to statistically infer causal impacts.
What we hope from you: 🌤
- Previous experience working as a data scientist, analytics consultant, or in a similar role in the industry, having applied data analysis or ML/AI to real business problems.
- Good communication skills in English. This is a customer facing role and it is crucial to be able to explain deeply technical issues to non-technical people.
- Ability to identify and solve business problems based on data and quick analysis. Positive and get-things-done attitude in general.
- Hands-on technical skills especially with Python.
- We hope that you would already be located within Finland/Europe and able to start working asap. For GDPR and contractual reasons, the job needs to be done within Europe. Relocation support to Finland is possible.
🎯 What Sellforte offers to you:
- Work in an open and easy-going startup/scaleup environment with nice colleagues 🚀
- International and multi-cultural team. We have +8 different nationalities!
- Globally unique product which is developed with modern technologies (such as Python, AWS, Airflow, Stan)
- A low hierarchy and enjoyable ride. We try to find that extra spark of fun that makes the journey worthwhile to ourselves and to the people around us. Sellforteans are bunch of warm hearted and kind people who enjoy delivering impact and growing the business together!
- Growth – both business and individual. We try to build product and data science culture within the company, including regular data science or data engineering talks and presentations. 🍕
- Flexibility to find your work-life balance - We understand that nine to five doesn't fit for all. We have also flexible remote culture and f2f working possibilities. As a company, we are trying to support different type of working, whether it is online or office. This means that teams and team members can choose what is the best way of working for them. As an example, we have fully remote employees and those, who like to work from the office on daily basis. Of course, your opinion matters!
- Benefits, such as healthcare, lunch and activity benefits, full holidays from the start of your employment (5 weeks/year), phone and other working equipment, option program, and home care services in case of sick children.
How to apply:
Do you feel that this position matches what you are looking for? Let’s start this incredible journey together by getting to know each other!
The recruitment process consists of intro call with our Co-founder & Chief Science Officer, and one or two interview sessions, including both a more traditional interview discussion and a data science case exercise. We try to include members from your future teams in the interview process for the best outcome.
During the process you’ll meet a lot of Sellforteans and get to see the product we’re working with. We will keep you informed every week during the process. If you need additional information about the job, please reach out to our Co-founder & Chief Science Officer Mikko Ervasti via email (email@example.com).
We hope to hear from you soon! 😊
- Data Science
- Espoo, Finland
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Customer Data Scientist
Loading application form